Please Note: Health Clearance IS NOT required for Admission. Once a candidate is accepted into the Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Muhlenberg Snyder Schools, and confirms attendance to the School, they will require Health Clearance prior to moving into the Residence Hall, beginning their first day of clinical courses, or going to any clinical affiliate.
Medical clearance testing should be performed within two (2) months of starting clinical, July/August for Fall Semester, December/January for Spring Semester, April/May for LPN Transition, and April/May for Summer Session (Sonography).
All in-coming students to the Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Muhlenberg Snyder Schools will need to adhere to ALL of the following requirements:
- Physical Forms: MD/APN must sign clearance at the bottom of the form, make sure all aspects of the physical are completed. Complete the Personal Medical History and indicate any allergies.
- NURSING STUDENTS: Lab titers are required for Rubeola, Rubella & Varicella. Current vaccination is required for negative or equivocal titers. Lab titer or vaccination records are accepted for Mumps and Hepatitis B. Lab results for Hepatitis B Antigen are also required.
- IMAGING STUDENTS: Lab titers are required for Rubeola, Rubella, Mumps and Varicella. Current vaccination is required for negative or equivocal titers. Lab results are required for Hepatitis B Antibody, and Hepatitis B Antigen. If you have not been previously vaccinated for Hepatitis B, proof that the vaccine series has been started is required.
- Drug Screening and Respiratory Fit Testing MUST be performed at Hackensack Meridian Occupational Health. Do not eat or drink anything sweet ½ hour prior to fit testing & men must have less than 1 inch of facial hair.
- Proof of Health Insurance must be submitted prior to the start of your first clinical semester.
- Proof of Tdap vaccination (Must contain Pertussis component) is required.
- Flu Vaccination, during flu season, is required & offered free of charge at the school.
- All aspects of medical clearance can be done with your personal physician, EXCEPT the Drug & Respiratory Fit Testing. Hackensack Meridian Occupational Health Services can also do your exam, and labs at cost.
- Dormitory students require Meningitis vaccination.
- Call Hackensack Meridian Occupational Health for appointments at:
|1080 Stelton Road||742 Route 1 North|
|Piscataway, NJ||Iselin, NJ|
|(848) 230-6800 – Option 1||(732) 362-3871|