Please Note: The Health Clearance is not required for Admissions; however, once a candidate is accepted into the JFK Muhlenberg Snyder Schools and the candidate confirms their attendance to the School, they will require an annual Health Clearance prior to moving into the Residence Hall, beginning the first day of clinical courses, or going to any clinical affiliates.
Medical clearance testing should be performed within the two (2) months prior to starting clinical, July/August for Fall Semester and December/January for Spring Semester.
All in-coming students to the JFK Muhlenberg Snyder Schools will need to adhere to ALL of the following information:
- HEALTH FORMS: MD must sign clearance at the bottom of form, make sure all aspects of the physical are completed, including vision far/near, and color. Please make copies of all medical clearance forms before turning them in.
- All immunization records MUST BE STAMPED/CERTIFIED BY THE PHYSICIAN in order to be accepted.
- Lab titers and/or vaccination information does not need to be re-submitted, unless requested.
- A SINGLE STEP PPD is required yearly. PPD Testing will be offered at the beginning of each semester, at the school, if you are due.
- If previously PPD positive, a Tuberculin Surveillance Monitoring Form must be completed annually.
- Submit Personal history form.
- Respiratory Fit Testing - Done at JFK Occupational Health Office. DO NOT EAT ANYTHING SWEET ½ HOUR BEFORE TEST, men must have less than 1 inch of facial hair. Fit Testing is done annually. You will be advised when you are due. This will be offered at the beginning of each semester, at the school, if you are due.
- Flu Vaccine, during flu season, is free of charge and will be offered at the school.
- All aspects of medical clearance can be done with your personal physician, EXCEPT RESPIRATORY FIT TESTING WHICH MUST BE DONE AT JFK Occupational Health Office. JFK Occupational Health Services can also do your exam, and labs at cost.
- Proof of Health Insurance must be presented.
- Incidents that occur during clinical must be reported to your instructor. An incident report must be completed, and you must follow up at the JFK Occupational Health Office.
- Bloodborne Pathogen Exposures must be reported immediately to your instructor, with follow up at JFK Occupational Health Office.
- If you are absent from school, for a period of five, or more days, you need to be seen at JFK Occupational Health Office in order to return to class. You must bring a note from your physician indicating diagnosis and any restrictions.
- Dorm student requires a Meningococcal vaccine.
All required medical forms will be emailed to the entering students.