- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher in the relevant courses *; with no grade lower than C
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher in Anatomy and Physiology I & II and Microbiology
Anatomy and Physiology I and II
Principles of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry
English Composition I and II
Life Span Development
Humanities electives (2)
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II, and Microbiology cannot be more than five years old, Chemistry, no more than ten years old.
- An applicant will not be considered for the Accelerated Track if they previously:
- failed two (2) required science courses
- failed two (2) nursing courses
- failed one science course and one nursing course with a grade of D, F, or W.
This means any two D, F, or W grades in Anatomy and Physiology I and II and Microbiology, and/or any Nursing course.
- An applicant may have withdrawn from a required course only one (1) time.
- Transfer of successfully completed nursing courses is considered for accepted students. Nursing course outlines and syllabi must be submitted.
- Applicants attending Union County College prior to becoming HMH JFK Muhlenberg Snyder students are not considered transfer students.
- ATI TEAS - Entrance exam is required.
- A score of 70% or higher is required in Reading and Math.
The TEAS may be taken two times in an admission cycle. The applicant must wait two weeks before retaking the exam.
- One complete reference (form and letter) is required from a professional source, not a family member or a friend.
- Letters should appear on letterhead and both the reference form and letter should be properly signed.
- Applicants who have previously attended another School of Nursing within the last five (5) years, with prior clinical nursing course(s), must submit one complete reference (form and letter) from the clinical instructor for their last nursing course. Applicant with a non-clinical nursing course must submit one complete reference (form and letter) from their faculty instructor.
- An essay is required - Must be a minimum of 250 words.
It will be evaluated for grammar, content, relevance to the topic selected and the development of thoughts, neatness, presentation and overall ability to follow directions.
If you feel that your application needs additional explanation (i.e., academic history), please feel free to include a statement to this effect.
NOTE: Application requirements – It is the applicant responsibility to provide the following information, verification and/or credentials to the HMH JFK MUHLENBERG SNYDER SCHOOLS ADMISSION OFFICE.
- Official High School transcript or GED test scores
- Foreign transcripts will require an evaluation from a current member of NACES (the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services), www.naces.org.
- One complete reference
- Entrance Exam – ATI TEAS
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, Naturalized citizen, or have a Permanent Resident Card (green card)
- Consumer Information Sheet
Follow the applicant checklist on the application for details on each item listed above.
- Admission is selective and competitive.
- Admission to the School of Nursing is processed through the Admissions Office at HMH JFK Muhlenberg Snyder Schools. It is not necessary to apply separately to Union County College.
- Individuals apply during the Open Application dates.
- The School accepts applications for the Spring (January) semester only.
- Nursing applicants should select only one nursing track. Acceptance into the track will be based on the School’s criteria.
- The Admissions Committee may request that the applicant clarify information presented to the Schools before an admissions decision is made.
- Applicants are notified by email & mail on the Admissions Committee’s decision. Individuals who are accepted into a program must submit a non-refundable acceptance fee.
- General education courses need not be taken prior to applying to HMH JFK Harold B. and Dorothy A. Snyder Schools. However, one may transfer up to 36 comparable credits (40 for those with a bachelor’s degree), into the program. No grade lower than C is considered for transfer.
- Applicants who are declined admissions into one program and apply to another program, must complete a new application, write an essay and submit another application fee. It is also necessary to submit a new reference.
- Students who wish to transfer from one program to another program within the Schools must complete a new application form, write an essay, submit an official updated Union County College transcript and include a reference from the first HMH JFK Muhlenberg Snyder School program that they attended.
|Back to Admission Criteria - Nursing||To Top of Page|